Sea of Thieves
1. Your Beautiful WorldSunken Journal from Yenay, a Mystery of the Shrine of Ocean's Fortune. I have found it, my love, a little more scarred and world-weary than when I set out, but I have discovered the Shrine of Ocean's Fortune! You would not believe the riches held down here. I have never seen such beauty and splendour, your world is truly beautiful. And yet, all I can think about is the cold indifference of eyes that were once so kind. Your eyes. I will find a way to reverse what has happened to you, even if I have to search every inch of this shrine and examine every trinket and coin. I will look into your eyes and see the warmth returned; I swear to you.
2. I'm Close, I Can Feel ItSunken Journal from Yenay, a Mystery of the Shrine of Ocean's Fortune. It seems the Ancients feared the Sirens, but not for the same reasons we do today. They feared that they impacted the balance of something within the Sea of Thieves, something that they held dear. They seemed to think that the heart of this problem was someone called the Sea King. The magic that turned him into a Siren was forbidden, and released a curse on the Sea Queen (his lover) and all her court. This curse became known as The Whispering Plague and caused them all to forget who and what they had been, perhaps a blessing in disguise? The Ancients sought a way to minimise the effect of this imbalance by binding the Sea King forever.
3. Love is Stronger than HateSunken Journal from Yenay, a Mystery of the Shrine of Ocean's Fortune. I don't understand it, my love. Why would the Sea King return to his people?! He must have known they hated and feared him? Why would he risk his life to seek peace? Perhaps, like me, he believed his love was stronger than any curse, even hatred. I wish I could tell you he was right, but what they did to him was terrible. They lured him, under a banner of peace, to a sacred place and they chained him there; but he was too strong for them. He broke free and they murdered him. Using binding magic, they bound his soul into a specially crafted chest, his bones scattered carelessly around it. This chest would be his eternal resting place. Forever weeping for the evils done to him and for the loss of his beloved queen.
4. I Have Failed YouSunken Journal from Yenay, a Mystery of the Shrine of Ocean's Fortune. The Sea Queen's grief was all-consuming. But she did not weep and tear her hair, she turned her grief into brutal revenge. She, and her kind, swore that no land-dweller would safely cross the seas ever again. Any boat, craft, anything that entered the waters was dragged below. Their bodies sent to be transformed inside the Mermaid Statues and their treasures added to these very halls by the Ocean Crawlers. This place is littered with figureheads, capstans and all sorts of trophies taken from sunken ships. Though I have searched everywhere, I have failed to find the fabled magical item I hoped would return you to me, but I have not lost hope. I might not have an item, but I do have a plan.
5. Do Not Give Up HopeSunken Journal from Yenay, a Mystery of the Shrine of Ocean's Fortune. My dearest love, the plan I spoke of may take some time, so I need you to be patient. I will find the heart of the Sunken Kingdom and beseech the Sea Queen to return you to me. Having learned her story, I know she will understand my pain. Perhaps she is the only one who truly can. By returning us, love will triumph over hate and I can't help but feel that is the ending she wanted for her own story.